Yesterday our little guy turned 8 and all I can say is that I am one lucky mama.
I am blessed to call this little one mine. He challenges me to be a better person on a regular basis;
- He is kind and has a level of patience I still do not understand; he keeps his gentle spirit even when his little sister is constantly terrorizing him in ways only a sister could.
- He is quick to say he is sorry and quick to forgive.
- He thinks of others before himself; an attribute I never thought an 8 year old could have. And many more.
A little bit about our little guy;
- He decided to come into this world on the day of my baby shower.
- I labored for 12 hours with this little guy but ended up having him via Caesarean section.
- Born right after midnight.
- He weighed 7 lbs.
- Most handsome baby I ever laid eyes on (his sister too).
- Reading; mostly his Bible and comic books.
- Building Legos; just like his daddy.
- Obsessed with anything with four wheels.
- Lately believes he is the best bicycle Rider there is. You should see him zoom around trails. Being the mama bear that I am, I haven’t been on this bandwagon to cheer his new adventure.
- Loves working in the garage with his daddy.
- Math and numbers (Saxon Math work books)
Things he hates;
- Showers; he would skip showers completely if mama would let him.
- Dolls; having a little sister, he constantly has encounters with baby dolls and he is not too impressed when his sister begs him to play some.
- Grilled chicken; even though we rarely eat it.
- Papaya and strawberries.
- Raw veggies but hates them cooked; I think it’s kind of odd but I will take it.
As a mother, I look forward to many, many years of being able to love and nurture our little guy. And I am thankful that he has an amazing man/daddy to look up to in many ways.
P.s. he always says that he wants to be just like Daddy when he grows up.
Happy birthday baba!